Life in the South

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hey y'all! (See-- I'm learning the ways here!)

I figured I am long overdue for a blog post.. probably about time I update you on our life here in Georgia. Crazy to think we have been here almost TWO months! Time seemed at a stand-still the first few weeks we were here. Getting adjusted and familiar with the new digs took time.. not to mention that we missed our people back home terribly. And our doggy was waiting for us in WA until we found a home that would work for us. It was draining, I'll be honest. My emotions were all over the place, we were stressed and quickly grew tired of being shackled in a tiny hotel room together, finding a house, a husband starting a new job, and said husband buying a new truck, establishing ourselves in a new state (i.e. utilities, licenses, finding the right grocery store (Yes, this is real. It took several failed attempts until we found the perfect one... if you feel inclined, ask me about the one with security and hair weave salons inside of it)), waiting for our moving truck to arrive and so on. Moving is a lot of work. Moving to a whole new state across the country... well, that's just plain crazy. But after getting all settled, we are so happy to be here and are really embracing our surroundings, trying to make the best of such a big life change.

Our days have been spent nesting in our sweet little house, scoping out antique stores and estate sales (major gold to be had here, furniture friends!), playing at parks and meeting new friends. I am so thankful to say we have already met some wonderful people that I think will be in our lives for a long time to come. It's true what they say about the south, everyone is so welcoming and friendly. As for our home-- we decided after much debate to rent our first year here until we get our feet properly planted and know what we want out of life here in Georgia. We are located in East Atlanta and so far are loving the city life! There are so many things to keep each member of our family occupied here-- my husband is 5 minutes from his academy, parks on almost every corner for our kiddo and the coolest dog park for the furry one just a few minutes from where we live. And me, well I have a Target right down the road and ladies, you know that's it and that's all it takes to make you feel at home. Am I right? Aside from that though, there is a bountiful supply of furniture shops and treasure stores all within a 10 minute radius. I just can't complain!

Instead of babbling on, how about some pictures of our adventures to sum up the rest?























This journey is really teaching me how to embrace the unknown and relish in the sweet moments with my family. I can't wait to see what's to come. If you ever have any questions about a big move or anything Atlanta related, I would be happy to offer my tiny bits of advice or "what not to do" or awesome spots to check out. Don't hesitate to ask!

Until next time. (Maybe it will be a furniture related post...?!)

2 comments

  1. Love this, love you! ...so glad you have settled into your new home and making the best of it ....in the Jilly-est of ways. Cheers to you friend. Miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Amanda!! Miss you so so much! XO

      Delete