The desk that stole my heart

Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Friday, friends!

What a wonderful week it was for us here at Inspired Furnishings. We were B U S Y painting and enjoying the beautiful weather!

I'm here to share one of our projects: the most beautiful desk you ever did see. This was a CL find and as soon as I spotted it I knew I had to jump on it QUICK as it wouldn't last long. When I went to pick it up, I noticed that it was in less than perfect shape, quite a few deep scratches were on the top, which meant there'd be some intense sanding involved. However, I couldn't help but be swept away with how stunning the lines were on this desk and how solid it was!

After the prep work was done, we got to painting. Each step we got more and more excited with how it was turning out. That was until we started the "wash" technique on top. I wanted this piece to have texture and depth to give it an even more elegant look. So after applying a heavy and criss-cross like painting technique, I mixed up an H20 diluted paint color that was lighter than the all-over one we used. It took me several tries before I loved the way it looked. I didn't want it to look contrived or obvious, I wanted it subtle and soft. The good news is, eventually we got there! You just have to stick with it and remember you can wipe it off with a damp cloth and try again. ;)


 
 
I am so pleased with the response this piece received on Facebook. It was our fastest sale to date, selling within a matter of less than two hours it was paid for and off the market. Sometimes, you just never know how long it will take for the right person to fall in love with your work, so this one was a pleasant surprise. :)
 
 
Have a great weekend!


Post a Comment