Sidewalk Sale

Friday, May 30, 2014

Good morning, friends!

As many of you know, we have been working hard to put together a "sidewalk" sale for Saturday (tomorrow!). So before that happens, I wanted to write a little on what you can expect to find there and all the details. And a slight disclaimer of sorts before I get started: the sale is in fact not taking place on a sidewalk, however it will be on a very large parking pad with a beautiful backdrop. There will be plenty of parking (just don't come in swarms! ;) Sarcasm...). I specifically did not call this a "garage sale" for several reasons. First namely being that we are not selling out of a garage, and second, I did not want the pricing or quality of what's being offered to be jeopardized by that name. Don't get me wrong, I loooooove to shop garage sales, I do, I do! But our purpose here is to not have a massive purge of stuff (although that'd be fun, huh?), the real reason is that I love to meet and greet customers, people who have purchased our work in the past can come back and see what we have available now, or someone who hasn't had a chance to shop our furniture yet an opportunity to do just that and at lower prices. That is one of the biggest things I miss about being an active part in a retail shop. It was so fun to mingle and chat with the shoppers! I love and appreciate knowing who takes home one of our babies, it really means the world and gives me immense gratitude.

Ok, Jilly, get on with it already!

Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous, I'm talkin high 70s to 80s! I could do a happy dance just thinking about it. (don't worry, the furniture will be covered under awnings to protect it) There will be refreshments and nibbles served, hydration is key! Show up anytime between 10 and 3. There has been talk of a special guest appearance too and I'll give you a hint....  it may or may not be my momma's vintage trailer!!! I'm thinking we will do a fun little game of "name that trailer!" too...because, well, it doesn't have a name yet and it needs one! Maybe there will be a prize given to the one my momma chooses...hmmm....

Now on to the really good stuff----- Pictures!



 

 
 
 
Would you believe me if I told you that's not even half of it? Ok, well maybe half. I was really hoping to have pictures of "as is"/ project pieces on include but you know how it goes, there are never enough hours in a day to get it all done. There will be a pretty dining set, console table, an upholstered accent chair, long coffee table, small tables, etc. at great prices for all you DIYers! There are also going to be lots of smalls (vases, pillows, décor, trays, trunks, and more).
*We will be accepting cards as form of payment in addition to cash. Please note there is a small usage fee for that.
 
I think that's it! I'm going now. Check back later because I'm planning to get some close up pictures of the smalls that I mentioned as well as the backdrop of the sale. Fun stuff, people!
 
Let me just say this, I am so excited. I look forward to reconnecting with past customers and also meeting fresh faces. And I also really want you to meet my momma (she doesn't know I'm saying any of this but will soon when she reads it..), she is such a big part of IF although she hates taking any credit, and I want her to feel the LOVE people! So bring your friends, I promise you this will be fun (music, bevies, maybe a little dancing..who knows.)!
 
Alright alright, since you asked I'll share a little bit about my last experience doing something like this. Trust me when I say I have grown and learned a lot since then!! I had only been officially painting as a full timer for a few months and I decide to throw together a yard sale extravaganza. I had it all set up (with the help of many) in our yard (we are talking awnings, lemonade and cookies, the whole bit!), had the garage all cleaned and organized looking like a showroom of a beginner, it looked nice! And while I had many shoppers (who I think I disappointed because they weren't finding $1 deals :/ ) I only had one sale on something I actually painted. And it was from my Nana. If you don't know her, you need to. She is an angel on earth. BUT this isn't a sob story, oh no way! That day I had SO much fun. My family and friends were there and we just made a day out of it, lounging and laughing in the sun. At the end of the day, I only allowed myself to be bummed for a few minutes because even though I didn't sell much, I had the pleasure of looking at all our hard work, and enjoying it with some of my favorite people. And that is what I plan to do tomorrow. So even if you don't plan on purchasing anything come anyways and hang out! I am totally cool with that.
 
And before I really go this time, a side note. I just realized how much I like to use parenthesis in my writing. Here's why: when I write, especially blogs like this, I really do think of it as dialogue. This is how I really talk and those words I put in parenthesis are what I would be adding in real life. I can't help it! Am I weird? I use commas a lot too.
 
See all you lovelies tomorrow! (Because I am not posting the address publicly, please feel free to email me at if.inspiredfurnishings@yahoo.com and I will be happy to get you set up with directions!)

Jill

--Edit--
Here is where you will find us tomorrow at 10am!
 There will be pillows (hand sewn and one embroidered by this fabulous Nana I speak of) and trunks, candles, chalkboards....
 Be on the lookout for bright neon signs to help get you to the right destination! See you tomorrow!

 

 


Post a Comment